The port 25 restriction, preventing emails from being sent directly from our servers has now been lifted on all G3 servers. G3 servers can therefore from now on only be deployed by approved users who's account has SMTP enabled. Anyone else attempting to deploy a G3 server will receive a error message with the suggestion to contact support in order to have SMTP enabled.
Starting from next week, we'll begin to approve applications which essentially grant access to all G3 plans, allowing direct emails over port 25 to users with legit reasons to run their own mail server. Terms of Service and acceptable use policies will be updated soon with more information about how to get approved.
The following information will be needed to get approved:
- A description of the purpose and expected recipients
- A plan to mitigate spam and other violations
- A plan to ensure that EU and US anti spam laws will be respected
- A confirmation of awareness regarding the anti spam rules
- (eventually) additional ID verification or a deposition.